16th Annual Dowling College Library Art Contest
Gaining Knowledge in the Age of Technology
All currently enrolled Dowling graduate and undergraduate students are invited to participate in the 16th Annual Library Art Contest sponsored by the Dowling College Library and the Visual Arts Department.
The winner will receive a $200.00 Gift of Knowledge. The winning entry will be placed on permanent display in the Library accompanied by a museum-style brass plaque noting the artist's name, date, medium or media, and the title of the work. The work will become the property of Dowling College.
- The entry must be original.
- The entry must pertain to the theme: "Gaining Knowledge in the Age of Technology."
- The entry may be in any 2-D medium.
- A 3" by 5" color photograph or an 8 1/2" by 11" color pencil sketch of the proposal, or an original art work must be submitted no later than Friday, April 8, 2011.
- A label noting the artist's name, address, and phone number, Dowling ID number, and the tentative title of the work must be affixed to the back of the entry.
- In order to protect the rights of all contest participants, the International Copyright Symbol (©) must be placed on the back of the proposal.
- Only one entry per person.
- A total of six finalists will be chosen. In the event that the committee does not reach a decision, a winner will not be chosen.
The judges are Dr. Mary Abell, Ms. Margaret Fahy, Prof. Chris Kretz, Prof. Katrina Kuntz, Dr. Stephen Lamia, Prof. Patricia Pepe-Clark, and Ms. Priscilla Powers.
Please send or submit your photograph or sketch in person to:
Ms. Priscilla Powers
Dowling College Library
Technical Services Dept. 2nd Floor
Rudolph Campus in Oakdale