COPYRIGHT AND FAIR USE
Historic Oakdale is designed as a resource for educational and research purposes. It is meant to provide access to materials housed in the Dowling Library's Archives and Special Collections. Images are for private, non-commercial, or research use only. To enquire about any further use, please contact the Dowling College Library Archives & Special Collections, 150 Idle Hour Blvd, Oakdale, N.Y., 11769 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When using any of the iamges in this collection, the citation should read as follows:
Original Idle Hour Mansion. [Online image]. Historic Oakdale. Dowling College Library. Retrieved on [date] from http://126.96.36.199/cgi-bin/browseresults.exe?CISOROOT=%2Fdowl
To add an image to My Favorites, open the image and click on the “add to my favorites” button that appears at the top and bottom of the screen. From the browse or search results pages you can also check the boxes beside each image and choose “add to favorites” from the bottom of the screen.
With My Favorites you can:
- Show images as a slide show
- Compare two images side by side
- Save a group of images as a web page
CONTENTdm offers a PowerPoint Plugin that will allow you to
images from the My Favorites section of any CONTENTdm collection. The plugin is
available as a free download at:
- Windows NT Workstation, 2000 Professional, or XP.
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2000, 2002, or 2003. PowerPoint 97 is not supported.
- Favorites must be saved using the CONTENTdm Search Client running in Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Cookies must be enabled.
- The plug-in supports JPEG, GIF, and BMP files only.
- Audio, video, MrSID, JPEG2000, and PDF files.
The plug-in will download each image and its accompanying metadata to a PowerPoint slide which can then be edited.
Contact Historic Oakdale Project