Research Leadership Learning Podcast
Welcome to the Research Leadership Learning Podcast from Dowling College's Research Leadership Learning Center.
On this podcast we explore many fields of knowledge related to leadership in social agencies, bringing you conversations with teachers, principals, superintendents and others working in and around the Long Island region, including Dowling faculty and Dowling doctoral candidates. By sharing research and knowledge from the field, we hope to develop a profound human awareness among leaders of social agencies in Nassau and Suffolk Counties and beyond.
Dr. Kevin Siciliano
Shownotes with related links:Dr. Steven Siciliano discusses his doctoral research into the implementation of Response to Intervention (RTI) on Long Island. Dr. Richard Bernato and Dr. Richard Walter join him in discussing the existing research behind RTI, issues for effective implementation, and the dangers of educational fads.
Dr. Siciliano is a middle school principal in the Sachem school district on Long Island. He completed his Ed.D. at Dowling College this year and his dissertation is entitled The Assessment of the Status of Implementation of Response to Intervention in High, Average, and Low Economic Resource Need Long Island School Districts: Feedback from the Field.
- New York State Response to Intervention Technical Assistance Center
- Response to Intervention in New York State from the Learning Disabilities Association of New York State
- RTI State Database from the National Center on Response to Intervention
- Dr. Doug Fuchs (selected publications)
- Recent citations on "response to intervention" from Eric.ed.gov