Why: Stay connected and hear converstaions you won't get anywhere else.
How: Click the black arrow to play the podcast right on this page. Click the podcast icon to download an MP3 file to your desktop. Use the orange buttons to subscribe via iTunes or other software and have each podcast delivered automatically.
What: Omnibus is a monthly conversation about the Library, Dowling, and Long Island.
The Listening Tour of South Shore History is an interactive map to guide you through the local history topics discussed on our Omnibus podcast.
Poems by Aaron Kramer
Six poems by Aaron Kramer, former professor of English at Dowling College. All poems taken from (and page numbers refer to) the collection Wicked Times edited by Cary Nelson and Donald Gilzinger Jr., 2004 from the University of Illinois Press.
Dr. Joan Boyle
Shownotes with related links:
- 0:01 Introduction - Chris Kretz, Instructor/Reference Librarian
- See the 2006 display Life and Works of Aaron Kramer for links to more resources
- 2:00 Dr. Elio Zappulla, Professor of English and Humanities reading
- "Prothalamium" (p. 81)
- "Homecominmg" (p. 86)
- "To the Countrymen of Alfred Kreymborg" (p. 315)
- 5:15 Dr. William Thierfelder, Associate Professor of English
- "Patriotism" (p. 125)
- 6:54 Dr. Kimberly Poppiti, Assistant Professor of Drama and Dance
- "In Wicked Times" (p. 138)
- 7:54 Dr. Joan Boyle, Professor of Philosophy
- "To Himself" (p. 312)