Why: Stay connected and hear converstaions you won't get anywhere else.
How: Click the black arrow to play the podcast right on this page. Click the podcast icon to download an MP3 file to your desktop. Use the orange buttons to subscribe via iTunes or other software and have each podcast delivered automatically.
What: Omnibus is a monthly conversation about the Library, Dowling, and Long Island.
The Listening Tour of South Shore History is an interactive map to guide you through the local history topics discussed on our Omnibus podcast.
Shownotes with related links:
- 0:12 Introduction - Chris Kretz, Instructor/Reference Librarian
- 1:20 The Continuous Flow Intersection - John Rienzo, Instructor/Reference Librarian
- Marks, Peter. "Solving the External Vexation of the Highway: The Left Turn." New York Times 5 Mar. 1995, late ed., 29+ [Link to article via ProQuest Historical Newspapers. Access available to Dowling ID holders]
- U.S. Patent #5049000
- 3:50 Computer Safety: Browsers and E-mail
An interview with Chris Ihm, Director of Information Technology
- 9:19 Library News - Chris Kretz, Instructor/Reference Librarian
- 11:39 Christmas with the Paperboy. The Lee Harris Christmas Compilations