Why: Stay connected and hear converstaions you won't get anywhere else.
How: Click the black arrow to play the podcast right on this page. Click the podcast icon to download an MP3 file to your desktop. Use the orange buttons to subscribe via iTunes or other software and have each podcast delivered automatically.
What: Omnibus is a monthly conversation about the Library, Dowling, and Long Island.
The Listening Tour of South Shore History is an interactive map to guide you through the local history topics discussed on our Omnibus podcast.
Shownotes with related links:
(Music Courtesy of the Podshow Podsafe Music Network)
Song: Love in a Bottle by Lee Coulter
- 0:08 Introduction
Chris Kretz, Instructor/Reference Librarian
- 1:26 Library Art Contest Winner, 2006
Student Loretta Corbisiero discusses her winning entry in the 2006 Library Art Contest.
- 6:40 The Genealogy of Ghosts
Archivist Su Garrison-Terry explains how she got involved in researching the possible corporeal origins of Long Island ghosts. Interview conducted by Kami Convery, Promotions and Outreach Librarian.
- Ghosts of Long Island: Stories of the Paranormal by Kerriann Flanagan Brosky
- Appearances of the Dead: A Cultural History of the Dead by Ronald C. Finucane (Open WorldCat record)
- "The Ghosts of New York: An Analytical Study" by Louis C. Jones in The Journal of American Folklore, Vol. 57, No. 226 (Oct-Dec 1944) pp. 237-254