Why: Stay connected and hear converstaions you won't get anywhere else.
How: Click the black arrow to play the podcast right on this page. Click the podcast icon to download an MP3 file to your desktop. Use the orange buttons to subscribe via iTunes or other software and have each podcast delivered automatically.
What: Omnibus is a monthly conversation about the Library, Dowling, and Long Island.
The Listening Tour of South Shore History is an interactive map to guide you through the local history topics discussed on our Omnibus podcast.
Do you remember Pepperidge Hall? Leave us your story on our call-in line:
Shownotes with related links:
- 0:05 Introduction
Chris Kretz - Assistant Professor/Reference Librarian
- 2:31 The History of Pepperidge Hall
Pam Manuel Siemsen and Glenn Siemsen
- Pepperidge Hall at Spooner Central
- Historic American Buildings Survey/Historic American Engineering Record (HABS/HAER), American Memory Project, Library of Congress
- Films shot on location at Pepperidge Hall (filmography links and data courtesy of The Internet Movie Database )
- Index to the Long Island Forum from Patchogue-Medford Library
- Along the Great South Bay by Harry Havemeyer, 1996
Find in a library via Open World Cat
- 17:50 "Ghost House"
Dowling student Kimberly Margolis reads this Robert Frost poem.
Interior courtyard of Pepperidge Hall, circa 1923.
Dowling College Historic Oakdale digital collection