Items are put on reserve for one semester only.
- Items put on reserve must be associated with a specific course.
- Use of reserve items will be limited to Dowling students, faculty, and staff.
- Any personal copies put on reserve will be processed for library use (i.e., barcoded, labeled, etc.) and returned at the end of the semester.
- If the reserve item is a chapter of a book owned by the Library, the chapter will be scanned in as a PDF file and put on Electronic Reserve.
- If an article is available full text in one of the Library's subscription databases and licenses permit, a durable link will be created to that article. Additional photocopies of the article will not be placed on reserve.
- Faculty may also request that the Library purchase material they wish to place on reserve. Please allow enough time for orders to be processed and fulfilled.