Ask a Librarian Guidelines
- Brief, factual requests will be answered via e-mail. For more in-depth research, please come into the library and visit the reference desk.
- E-mail reference is provided to help users become self-sufficient in performing research. Therefore, the Library will provide advice on:
- how to begin research,
- search strategies, and
- other useful non-Dowling resources.
- Resources used to answer questions will be cited in the library's response to you.
- In general, most questions will be answered within 24-hours.