How do I request materials?
You will need to use your Dowling ID Card to place a request.
Placing a Request in the Catalog
- Click on "Borrow it from another library." in the Catalog.
- Click on the type of material you want to request:
- "Book" for a book, video, microform, conference proceeding, government document, technical report; or
- "Article" for an article from a journal or magazine.
- The computer will lead you through the requesting procedure.
- Fill out a separate form for each item.
- Give as much information as you can. The more information you give us, the faster we will be able to get the materials.
- Include ISBN or ISSN numbers if you have them.
- Fill in the date you no longer need the item in the Cancel if Not Filled by field.
- If the library owns the item, but it is missing, please indicate that.
- Enter your first and last name as it appears on the front of your Dowling ID Card.
- Enter your barcode from the back of your Dowling ID Card:
- 21769 + Student ID Number + 2 digits
Placing a Request Using FT Options at Dowling
If the FT Options at Dowling link cannot locate the full-text of an article, it will give you a link to "Interlibrary loan" the item. Follow that link, and it will fill out the request form for you. All you need to do is add your name and barcode to the request and hit submit.
Placing Multiple Requests in the Catalog
If you are requesting more than one item, log in to My Account before placing your requests. Doing so will allow you to make multiple requests without having to enter your barcode each time.