Some things to look for if you suspect a paper might be plagiarized:
- Is the paper not on topic?
- Is the syntax inconsistent?
- Are there some very sophisticated technical terms in it?
- Is the bibliography old? Inconsistent?
- Does the library not own most of the items listed?
- Can the student discuss the paper intelligently?
- Are there any strange formatting elements? Look for variations in fonts and font sizes, colors, and any web artifacts - broken links for icons, copyright statements, etc.