The pages on this site are WikiWikiWeb ? pages, which means that pages can be created and edited by multiple authors. To edit a page, click the Edit link that exists somewhere on the page, usually in the header or footer. Some pages may be password-protected ?, depending on the system’s security policies, but many systems allow open editing of pages.
When editing a page, you see the markup text that describes the content of the page. The basic rules for page markup are fairly simple:
- Put a blank line between paragraphs
- To make a list, start each line with # for numbered (ordered) lists or * for bulleted (unordered) lists.
- To make a heading, start a line with two or more ! marks; !! is a subheading, and !!! is a sub-subheading.
- To emphasize text, enclose it in 2 or 3 single quotes;
''text''for italics or
- To make a link to another page, enclose the page’s name in double brackets; for example
[[basic editing]]links to this page. Links to nonexistent pages ? are displayed specially, to invite others to create the page.
- To make a link to another site, type its address, such as http://www.example.com/ .
If you want to experiment with editing a page, try it on the WikiSandbox. You can edit the WikiSandbox without affecting anything important on this site. If you do edit other pages, it’s courteous to sign your contribution; using ~~~ effectively ‘signs’ the name that you provide in the Author field on the Page Edit form.
Do you have information to add? Then please contact Diane Holliday.
Last Modified on May 11, 2012, at 03:35 PM by LPR