Also known as the Jerry and Debra Kramer Science Center.
The Kramer Science Center was originally designed by the architectural firm of Warren and Wetmore between 1902–1904. It was converted to science labs and renamed after its benefactors, Jerry and Debra Kramer, in 1992 by the architectural firm of Baldassano Associates.
With the completion of this building, Warren and Wetmore went on to design and work on the Grand Central Terminal in New York City.
Kramer Science Center - South Side
Notice the similarities in the exteriors of these two buildings by Warren and Wetmore. Notice the columns and the windows.
Exterior Grand Central Terminal Photo by Kitby
Kramer Science Center - Southern Exposure
Kramer Science Center - Eastern Exposure
Eaves Detail - Kramer Science Center
Today the Jerry and Debra Kramer Science Center is an instructional facility devoted to the natural sciences and mathematics. In addition to classrooms and faculty offices, the science center contains biology, chemistry, mathematics, and physics laboratories, as well as Human Resources.
Do you have information to add? Then please contact Diane Holliday.
Last Modified on May 11, 2012, at 04:35 PM by LPR